Time: December 6, 2013 to December 7, 2013
Location: Faculty of Economics of Coimbra University
City/Town: Coimbra, Portugal
Website or Map: http://www.ces.uc.pt/coloquio…
Event Type: international, colloquium
Organized By: CES, Centre of Social Sciences of Coimbra University
Latest Activity: Aug 5, 2013
In the fourth edition of the International Conference of PhD students of CES, "Coimbra C: Dialoguing with the Times and Places World(s)", we propose to reflect and discuss on the importance of time and space issues in the production of knowledge in the world(s).
Accepting this challenging proposition we invite PhD students and other researchers of national and international institutions to submit proposals for papers that reflect critically on the following topics:
1. Citizenship and narratives of development: participations and impositions
2. Cities, cultures and sustainabilities: policies and publics
3. Law (s), Justice (s) and Democracy (ies): Violences, representations and transformations
4. Gender, families and sexualities: models and experiences
5. Governance, Public Policy and Social Innovation: from 'crisis' to alternatives
6. Literature, Science and Images: between practices and representations
7. Research Methodologies: reflexivity, tools and impacts
8. Migration: tensions between State of law and the subjectivities
9. Heritage, Arts and Architectures: Memories and transformation
10. Sociocultural, political and economic pluralisms: social movements, emancipatory social struggles and the modern state
11. Post-colonialisms: colonial relations, processes of domination and resistance
12. International Relations and their contexts: between theory (ies) and history (ies)
13. Territoriality and Property: nature, private domain and collective management
14. Labour and Social Inequalities: conflicts and fragilities
The event will take place at the Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra (Portugal) on 6-7 December 2013.
The submission of short abstracts - in Portuguese, English or Spanish, approx. 300 words, keywords, selected topic, contact and biographical note - should be sent through the following address:
The deadline for proposals is 1 September 2013.
Accepted abstracts will be published online until 30 September 2013, and the applicants will be notified of the decision. After the event there will be a selection of abstracts for publication in the journal Cabo dos Trabalhos (http://cabodostrabalhos.ces.uc.pt/). The selected texts must be delivered by 30 December 2013.
For more information please contact the Organizing Committee of the Colloquium to the following email address: email@example.com