The OAC Forum (471)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tim Ingold's "That's Enough About Ethnography"--The Seminar is Underway

Officially, the seminar begins on Monday. But here, to get things started are our first assignments.  (1) Several of us are already acquai…

Started by John McCreery

99 1 hour ago
Reply by John McCreery

Quantum Mechanics for anthropologists.

PART 1 Oxford’s oral tradition, at least, suggests that E.E. Evans-Pritchard (Oxford’s “EP”) 1902-1973 (  “strangest” ethnographer who b…

Started by Michael Alexeevich Popov

30 17 hours ago
Reply by Michael Alexeevich Popov

Big Data: Can It Revive the OAC and Resuscitate Anthropology?

When I first became a member of the OAC, the posts and discussions here were lively.  What brought me here was Keith's economic anthropolog…

Started by M Izabel

5 on Monday
Reply by M Izabel

Druze ethnography referred to by Gellner in Muslim Society

This is only my second post on OAC -- I hope this is a suitable use of the forum! I'm currently reading Gellner's Muslim Society. On the se…

Started by Jonathan Mair

0 on Monday

The OAC then, and now (toward a renewed, rowdy anthropological democracy)

UPDATE: For those of you who don't want to wade through all of the verbiage to get to my questions, here they are up front: What are we goi…

Started by ryan anderson

44 on Monday
Reply by Erin B. Taylor

Tim Ingold's "That's Enough About Ethnography"—Invitation to an informal seminar

Ethnography, we are taught, is the hallmark of cultural anthropology, the rite of passsage by which anthropologists are created. It is said…

Started by John McCreery

9 on Monday
Reply by John McCreery

Tim Ingold's "That's Enough About Ethnography" — Preparing for the Seminar

The Seminar is Now Underway. To participate  please use this link to get there. Having started this seminar, I am thinking about how to run…

Started by John McCreery

0 Mar 19

All hands on deck! Time to build our global connections

The OAC is not just a website. It's not just a Facebook group. It's a collective of anthropologists who want to push our discipline forward…

Started by Erin B. Taylor

1 Mar 18
Reply by Keith Hart

Antropolog'ia : sobre Rosana Reguillo / doc in Spanish .anthropologist threatened Mexico

A LA OPINÓN PÚBLICA:De nueva cuenta están desatados los demonios. En los últimos días la Dra. Rossana Reguillo ha recibido amenazas sobre s…

Started by Cecilia Montero Mórtola

0 Mar 6

What is anthropology? A film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=158cJ8Hd9UM A few years ago, Paloma Gay y Blasco in our department (Social Anthropology in St Andrews) ask…

Started by Huon Wardle

16 Feb 11
Reply by Huon Wardle

RSS

Translate

OAC Press

@OpenAnthCoop

© 2015   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service