The OAC Forum (430)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

From the Center for Peripheral Studies (OAC Branch). After Lance, the sky's the limit!

The papers discussed in our online seminars are often excellent, but this one is apocalyptic, as well as being an exercise in fine writing.…

Started by Keith Hart

857 3 hours ago
Reply by Lee Drummond

Phantom Epistemologies

Once in a great while,  while reading anthropology, I stumble across an idea that seems both fresh and provocative — very likely to shake u…

Started by John McCreery

12 on Tuesday
Reply by John McCreery

Interesting article about Islam as a "discursive tradition" and the Arab Uprisings

Hi all, for anyone who might be interested in Islam as a discursive tradition and the Arab Uprisings, I've just had this article published…

Started by David H Warren

0 Apr 11

Ecologically and Socially Sustainable Education: Creating a Sustainable World.

The purpose of ecologically and socially sustainable education is to teach the skills and to impart knowledge necessary for the establishme…

Started by Mr. Jan Hearthstone

0 Mar 24

OAC Survey [meta]

Hi everyone. I just wanted to direct your attention to a relatively short survey on the OAC (both this site and the Facebook group). This s…

Started by Kate Wood

0 Mar 17

What sort of data are blog posts?

Hi everyone. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on a predicament I'm facing in my research.  A bit of background: I am currently…

Started by Ben Belek

1 Mar 4
Reply by John McCreery

Gone Dark Project: What happens when websites die?

I'm looking for help in putting together a list of dead or endangered websites for a new study on digital preservation (the Oxford Anthropo…

Started by Francine Barone

3 Mar 2
Reply by Francine Barone

Business as usual? Transforming Brazilian slumscapes in hyper-neoliberal digital environments

Business as usual? Transforming Brazilian slumscapes in hyper-neoliberal digital environments

Started by Rodanthi Tzanelli

0 Feb 27

Radio Play about Haddon: head Hunters

Dear all too late I have seen that there was a radio play about Haddon called 'Head Hunters' Info is available here http://www.bbc.co.uk/pr

Started by David Zeitlyn

1 Feb 25
Reply by Francine Barone

New Book by Paul Durrenberger

American Fieldnotes: Collected Essays of an Existentialist Anthropologist is available from Amazon. These are radio commentaries and short…

Started by E. Paul Durrenberger

0 Feb 20

RSS

Translate

@OpenAnthCoop

© 2014   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service