The OAC Forum (563)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mi'kmaq Nation applies for title over northern New Brunswick, Canada

Interesting things happening in my neck of the woods surrounding indigenous land claims, specifically for the Mi'kmaq. I've attached two ar…

Started by Abram Lutes

0 Feb 6

Is Anthropology enough?

A long time ago many of us, and with all the big changes that the globalization has made on the societies We began to see how tools and o…

Started by Cecilia Montero Mórtola

14 Feb 3
Reply by Michael Scroggins

Moderated Minds: Is Savage Minds a "Safe Space"?

Moderated Minds:  Is Savage Minds a “Safe Space”?       It’s a real shame.  To my knowledge there are only two well-established anthropolo…

Started by Lee Drummond

80 Jan 14
Reply by John McCreery

Cosmopolitics: The Collected Papers of the Open Anthropology Cooperative, Volume I -- Discussion

We did it. The Cooperative finally brought out the first volume of its collected papers. Here we have papers and interventions by Hart, Sha…

Started by Huon Wardle

0 Jan 9

The polls got it wrong, again... The end of 'social science'? Time to stop predicting and start listening...

This is clearly the end of the line for the hierarchy of social 'science' in its current form. They used to call it 'armchair' anthropology…

Started by Huon Wardle

53 Dec 4, 2016
Reply by Cecilia Montero Mórtola

Industrial labour in India: the view from Lancashire

This discussion started out as a review of Jonathan Parry, Jan Breman and Karin Kapadia eds The Worlds of Indian Industrial Labour (Sage, 1…

Started by Keith Hart

0 Dec 1, 2016

Ego Condoms

The following essay is cross-posted with permission of the author from Dead Voles. Given our recent discussion of *safe spaces,* Lee, in pa…

Started by John McCreery

0 Nov 17, 2016

Capitalism, revolution and racism in the US and the world

I am posting this time an indirect reflection that precedes a fuller analysis of Trump's presidency, as we learn more from his first action…

Started by Keith Hart

1 Nov 14, 2016
Reply by John McCreery

International Anthropology Conference

Join your peers in beautiful Athens, Greece to discuss various topics in anthropology!  The Anthropology Research Unit of the Athens Instit…

Started by Hannah Howard

0 Nov 8, 2016

What are institutions for?--the Daily Mail's 'Enemies of the People' headline

One of the reasons social anthropologists of the 1920s to the 1950s were particularly obsessed by traditional institutions of government w…

Started by Huon Wardle

7 Nov 8, 2016
Reply by John McCreery

RSS

Translate

OAC Press

@OpenAnthCoop

Events

© 2017   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service