John McCreery's Discussions (55)

Discussions Replied To (53) Replies Latest Activity

"Lee, Welcome to the tangled web of things Chinese. I will happily return to your qu…"

John McCreery replied May 4, 2015 to An Archeology of Inequality?

46 May 15, 2015
Reply by John McCreery

"Huon, You mistake my purpose if you equate what I have written with some crude form…"

John McCreery replied Apr 30, 2015 to An Archeology of Inequality?

46 May 15, 2015
Reply by John McCreery

"But, turning now to my second point. You mention vertebrate heritage and childhood e…"

John McCreery replied Apr 30, 2015 to An Archeology of Inequality?

46 May 15, 2015
Reply by John McCreery

"Final thoughts? Premature, I think. But we mustn't forget to thank Lee Drummond for…"

John McCreery replied Apr 24, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"I couldn't agree more with what Huon has said. When I suggested that the elephant in…"

John McCreery replied Apr 23, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"Note, however, that logs and crocodiles in rivers also resemble each other, and both…"

John McCreery replied Apr 23, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"Lee, A brief aside: I just did a Google search for "tree and log motifs in mythology…"

John McCreery replied Apr 22, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"Me, too. But I have another concern. Cherry-picking cases that closely resemble the…"

John McCreery replied Apr 21, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"We agree.   Perhaps it is time for anthropologists to explore The Federalist Papers…"

John McCreery replied Apr 19, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"Keith,  thanks for jumping in. Since I know that you did classics before you did ant…"

John McCreery replied Apr 19, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

RSS

Translate

OAC Press

@OpenAnthCoop

Events

© 2019   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service