John McCreery's Discussions (55)

Discussions Replied To (53) Replies Latest Activity

"Eugene,  Please note "the list is virtually endless." Citing a few of the better kn…"

John McCreery replied Apr 19, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"Lee, Excuse a momentary distraction. What about the Ndembu, the Central African peop…"

John McCreery replied Apr 17, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"I like Kristian's proposal  I note that there is no inherent contradiction in this…"

John McCreery replied Apr 16, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"And old, but fundamentally sound answer: The unexpected. Every human life is filled…"

John McCreery replied Apr 15, 2015 to Welcome to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

79 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Lee Drummond

"Coherence is most likely to exist at the area studies level where close comparison o…"

John McCreery replied Apr 14, 2015 to The OAC then, and now (toward a renewed, rowdy anthropological democracy)

46 Apr 14, 2015
Reply by John McCreery

"Cecilia, Recycling and anthropology is a great topic, but the scope is very broad.…"

John McCreery replied Apr 10, 2015 to Suggestions and comments for the OAC Seminar series

18 Apr 10, 2015
Reply by Cecilia Montero Mórtola

"Thanks, Lee.  My name is John McCreery. Long ago, on what now seems another planet,…"

John McCreery replied Apr 9, 2015 to Invitation to an Informal Seminar on David Graeber’s HAU essay, “The Divine Kingship of the Shilluk: On Violence, Utopia, and the Human Condition, or, Elements for an Archaeology of Sovereignty.”

10 Apr 16, 2015
Reply by David Graeber

"Those interested in Big Data might want to check out DataCamp. I am currently workin…"

John McCreery replied Apr 3, 2015 to Big Data: Can It Revive the OAC and Resuscitate Anthropology?

7 Apr 4, 2015
Reply by Kristian Garthus-Niegel

""HAU" says Tonto. Right here."

John McCreery replied Apr 3, 2015 to Suggestions and comments for the OAC Seminar series

18 Apr 10, 2015
Reply by Cecilia Montero Mórtola

""All human interactions are skewed." Of course they are. All primate interactions ar…"

John McCreery replied Apr 2, 2015 to Tim Ingold's "That's Enough About Ethnography"--The Seminar is Underway

121 Apr 2, 2015
Reply by John McCreery

RSS

Translate

OAC Press

@OpenAnthCoop

Events

© 2019   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service