Anthropology and a fundamental problem of computer science ( P vs NP problem )

I had found that some unsolved fundamental problems of mathematics and computer science can have anthropological or field solution.P vs NP problem is usually considered as abstract problem of the most formal mathematical science. Nevertheless, such sort of problem can really exist in " trivial " reality of human economics, correspondingly, the field anthropologist may find a new understanding of that problem in the terms of some "Anthro-Platonism" in general.I called my attempt as "computational anthropology" or "complexity anthropology " ( please, see my arguments in arXive's article ),and I suppose that there exists "invisible" beautiful garden of NP problems , associated with computational limits of human mind and anthropological strategies to overcome it.

Views: 928

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eto sovsem ne poniatno sto eto vsio P=NP ??????????
Thanks for your patience Michael, I am very interested in what you call the 'pseudo-telepathy' dimension which surely implies free will and aesthetic sense. There is a rather old paper by Eric Berne in which he did an experiment around the time of the end of WWII. Soldiers arrived in his consulting bay with no clothes on. He was able to guess with better than random results their profession - farmer, doctor, teacher etc. There seems a connection here to the model NP=M. There also seems to be a connection to the Kantian projective view of human community - roughly 'in my interactions with others I must proceed according to a model of society that I can reasonably imagine myself living in'. But, sadly, I am not sure I have fully understood NP=M; partly because I was unable to open your attachment. Many counter-examples to P=NP exist surely since, for example, it depends on a view of the ego that is rather specific, not so?

Michael Alexeevich Popov said:
Huon, thank you. This is just an attempt of theorem ( conjecture ) on cognitive limits. It is possible to imagine ( Like Plato's solids ).Limits are real.
I suppose there must exist freedom of will and the taste.You can make any rational choice. There are more interesting questions : why P=NP is impossible? If mathematics is just language , then P=?NP is a problem of language? Or it is just Western tradition? Hence, can field anthropologists find any non-Western counter-example ? How we can represent NP=M style in the terms of modern architecture ? etc. Huon Wardle said:
Well I have to admit a personal preference for your type 3. Are you trying to demonstrate that these 'societies' have ever existed/might exist or are they a new set of Platonic forms that, say, I might draw on in one of my thought processes in order to discard in the next?
Huon, it is good dimension.

1.There are only 3 solutions for P vs NP problem - [a] Super-rationalistic P=NP, associated with belief in quantum supercomputer;[b] NP is not P ; and [c] NP is not P, but NP = M (when we suppose that some unsolved computational problems can be solved practically, counter-intuitively, by creative human mind ). Last solution is an expression of humanistic nature of anthropology as well. There is " garden" of successful solutions of such sort of problems, and, anthropologists can help to find these impossibilities in the field reality. In the terms of post-Kantian philosophy, this kind of "garden" could be defined as Heidegger's Dasein. May be.

2. Pseudo-telepathy is mathematical term expressed in my experiment the " quantum rule of the classical game".In current experimental science, pseudo-telepathy is a kind of constant for spatially synchronized fluctuations in biological,economic and physical systems ( Last results,please,see D.A.Vasseur and J.W.Fox / Nature 20 Aug 2009, vol 460,1007-... ).

3. Today cognitive anthropologsts of religious experience try to construct general Model of Religion without assumption of telepathy existence.However, in this case such sort of (non-computable) Model cannot explain some well known events in history of religion.Physicists are more optimistic. Kaku in his Said lecture entitled "Physics of impossible" ( 25 May,Oxford ) suggested experimental possibility to understand telepathy in the terms of physics ( biology is considered usually as an applied physics and chemistry equipped by mathematics ).

Huon Wardle said:
Thanks for your patience Michael, I am very interested in what you call the 'pseudo-telepathy' dimension which surely implies free will and aesthetic sense. There is a rather old paper by Eric Berne in which he did an experiment around the time of the end of WWII. Soldiers arrived in his consulting bay with no clothes on. He was able to guess with better than random results their profession - farmer, doctor, teacher etc. There seems a connection here to the model NP=M. There also seems to be a connection to the Kantian projective view of human community - roughly 'in my interactions with others I must proceed according to a model of society that I can reasonably imagine myself living in'. But, sadly, I am not sure I have fully understood NP=M; partly because I was unable to open your attachment. Many counter-examples to P=NP exist surely since, for example, it depends on a view of the ego that is rather specific, not so?

Huon, thank you. This is just an attempt of theorem ( conjecture ) on cognitive limits. It is possible to imagine ( Like Plato's solids ).Limits are real.
I suppose there must exist freedom of will and the taste.You can make any rational choice. There are more interesting questions : why P=NP is impossible? If mathematics is just language , then P=?NP is a problem of language? Or it is just Western tradition? Hence, can field anthropologists find any non-Western counter-example ? How we can represent NP=M style in the terms of modern architecture ? etc. Huon Wardle said:
Well I have to admit a personal preference for your type 3. Are you trying to demonstrate that these 'societies' have ever existed/might exist or are they a new set of Platonic forms that, say, I might draw on in one of my thought processes in order to discard in the next?
If I understand ,Your question is connected with computational complexity and P vs NP problem. Of course, some generalizations can be found in Wiki ( article "Computational Complexity", "polynomial time " etc in Franch, Russian and Greek ). My passage can,probably, help You to understand the problem.

Cognitive and computational limits.

Some limits of human mind anthropologist can test at any time. For example,
it is easy to see that

3.3 + 4.4 = 5.5
or, 9 + 16 = 25, or
a.a + b.b = c.c

However, I suggest You cannot find that there are such

a.a.a + b.b.b = c.c.c
a.a.a.a + b.b.b.b = c.c.c.c.
a.a.a.a.a + b.b.b.b.b. = c.c.c.c.c etc.etc

by any number of computational experiments with calculator, computer and supercomputer, at all ! You can test it.
This is cognitive limit of human mind in the terms of computational sciences.
Similarly, there exist only 5 (not 6, or 6666664444444444444444444444444422222222,.... ) Plato'solids and just 3 solutions of P vs NP problem - P = NP, P is not NP and P is not NP but NP = M ( where NP=M is counter-intuitive solution, which we may await from human mind and it can be area for anthropological studies ).
The next step, unfortunately, is needed more detailed understanding of P vs NP problem.

NIKOS GOUSGOUNIS said:
Hello, my name is Martin Musatov and I started a search engine called MeAmI to explore this very question:

Does social anthropology place phsyical limits on perceptiona and phsyics itself?

I have been conducting game theory trials on Sci.Math@USENET and discovered this post and paper via my search engine. Here is my response auto+generated by MeAmI.org

http://openanthcoop.ning.com/forum/topics/anthropology-and-a-fundam...

Creative Style ( based on third solution - P is not NP, but NP=M ) based on some kind of " pseudo-telepathy" and quantum play-forms.

http://www.meami.org/?cx=000961116824240632825%3A5n3yth9xwbo&co...
If I understand ,Your question is connected with computational complexity and P vs NP problem. Of course, some generalizations can be found in Wiki ( article "Computational Complexity", "polynomial time " etc in Franch, Russian and Greek ). My passage can,probably, help You to understand the problem.

it is easy to see that

3.3 + 4.4 = 5.5
or, 9 + 16 = 25, or
a.a + b.b = c.c

a.a.a + b.b.b = c.c.c

by any number of computational experiments with calculator, computer and supercomputer, at all ! You can test it.
Similarly, there exist only 5 (not 6, or 6666664444444444444444444444444422222222,.... ) Plato'solids and just 3 solutions of P vs NP problem - P = NP, P is not NP and P is not NP but NP = M ( where NP=M is counter-intuitive solution, which we may await from human mind and it can be area for anthropological studies ).
The next step, unfortunately, is needed more detailed understanding of P vs NP problem.

NIKOS GOUSGOUNIS said:
Does Social Anthropology place physical limits on perception and physics itself ?

It is not impossible, if even this means a new measure of experimental complexity. M. Kaku's recently published "Physics of Impossible"(2008), probably, represents suitable introduction in this kind of Anthropological
Physics and extra-terrestrial Politics. My own attempts in this area ("KANT MISSION" - / http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=41177 )[*] may suggest merely that limits of human physics are the limits of human cosmic exploration.Nevertheless, M - approach can be found also at the Earth. Such sort of unsolved problem as "Absolute Present Time" can have some simplification in quantum "pseudo-telepathy" games in Lab and in the field.

[*] http:// www.esa.int/esapub/br247/br247.pdf

Musatov, Martin Michael said:
Hello, my name is Martin Musatov and I started a search engine called MeAmI to explore this very question:

Does social anthropology place phsyical limits on perceptiona and phsyics itself?

I have been conducting game theory trials on Sci.Math@USENET and discovered this post and paper via my search engine. Here is my response auto+generated by MeAmI.org

Creative Style ( based on third solution - P is not NP, but NP=M ) based on some kind of " pseudo-telepathy" and quantum play-forms.

it is easy to see that

3.3 + 4.4 = 5.5
or, 9 + 16 = 25, or
a.a + b.b = c.c

a.a.a + b.b.b = c.c.c

NIKOS GOUSGOUNIS said:
Thank you very much.

Martin Musatov

Founder,

Meami.org

Does Social Anthropology place physical limits on perception and physics itself ?

It is not impossible, if even this means a new measure of experimental complexity. M. Kaku's recently published "Physics of Impossible"(2008), probably, represents suitable introduction in this kind of Anthropological
Physics and extra-terrestrial Politics. My own attempts in this area ("KANT MISSION" - / http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=41177 )[*] may suggest merely that limits of human physics are the limits of human cosmic exploration.Nevertheless, M - approach can be found also at the Earth. Such sort of unsolved problem as "Absolute Present Time" can have some simplification in quantum "pseudo-telepathy" games in Lab and in the field.

it is easy to see that

3.3 + 4.4 = 5.5
or, 9 + 16 = 25, or
a.a + b.b = c.c

a.a.a + b.b.b = c.c.c

NIKOS GOUSGOUNIS said:
On unreasonable effectiveness of anthropology

Two prominent computer scientists have pointed out potential possibility of the formal solution of famous P vs NP problem in the draft by Vinay Deoclalikar ( HP Research Labs Palo Alto,USA ). Vinay had found a way to demonstrate the separation of the complexity class NP from its subclass P in order to prove that P is not NP. If this is so, our result published in 2009 is correct. P is not NP. In other words, field anthropology has unreasonable effectiveness to solve the most fundamental mathematical problem of contemporary science.
Attachments:

Thank you very much.

Martin Musatov

Founder,

Meami.org

Yes.
It is possible, if even this means a new measure of experimental complexity. M. Kaku's recently published "Physics of Impossible"(2008), probably, represents suitable introduction in this kind of Anthropological
Physics and extra-terrestrial Politics. My own attempts in this area ("KANT MISSION" - / http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=41177 )[*] may suggest merely that limits of human physics are the limits of human cosmic exploration.Nevertheless, Musatov's - approach can be found also at the Earth. Such sort of unsolved problem as "Absolute Present Time" can have some simplification in quantum "pseudo-telepathy" games in Lab and in the field.

Musatov, Martin said:

Does social anthropology place physical limits on perception and physics itself?

Creative Style ( based on third solution - P is now NP, but NP=Musatov ) based on some kind of " pseudo-telepathy" and quantum play-forms.

If I understand ,Your question is connected with computational complexity and P vs NP problem. Of course, some generalizations can be found in Wiki ( article "Computational Complexity", "polynomial time " etc in French, Russian and Greek ). My passage can, probably, help you to understand the solution.

it is easy to see @

3.3 + 4.4 = 7.7
or, 9 + 16 = 25, or
a.a + b.b = c.c

However, I suggest You can find @-there are such

a.a.a + b.b.b = c.c.c

by any number of computational experiments with calculator, computer and supercomputer, at all! You can test it.
Similarly, there exist only 5 (now 6, or 6666664444444444444444444444444422222222,....now 3) Plato's solids and just 3 solutions of P vs NP problem - P = NP, P is now NP and P is now NP but NP = M ( where NP=M is counter-intuitive solution, wherein we may await from human mind and it can be area for anthropological studies ).
The previous step, fortunately, was provided more detailed understanding of P vs NP problem.

NIKOS GOUSGOUNIS said:
Yes.

I think this means it worked.

In some context. Indeed. New development in quantum cognition, associated with quantum-like games, could be found in November 2012 Sci America ( " How quantum logic makes sense of human irrationality " by George Musser ).

I think this means it worked.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Translate

OAC Press

@OpenAnthCoop

Events

© 2020   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service