Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are considering some more direct kind of support, please read the following. There is a project on Haiti from two universities in Brazil - the Museu Nacional in Rio and the university of Campinas (Unicamp). They have very close contacts to the country and some of them are there right now. For example, a professor from Unicamp has just left for Haiti in the first days of January with a group of nine students in order to do fieldwork there. I am in touch with the professor by skype (Omar Ribeiro Thomaz). Nobody in the group was killed or serously injured, but the situation is just horrible. They are using their own NGO in order to provide help there. Basic stuff: Food, Water, Medicine ... And they have people in Haiti who are distributing the help directly. You can donate via this webiste: www.vivario.org.br It is in french and Portuguese, I am afraid, but you can get in touch with me if you need some more information. Thanks!

The followowing text explains the kind of collabaration

Amigos,

Viva Rio, l'ONG brésilienne avec laquelle notre équipe de recherche du Museu National et de l'Université de Campinas collabore depuis quelques années organise une récolte de fonds pour Haïti afin d'organiser les premiers secours, l'acheminement de nourriture, d'eau et de médicaments.
Si vous voulez collaborer, vous pouvez faire un virement sur leur compte. L'utilisation des fonds sera détaillée sur leur site internet, vous pouvez y trouver des informations sur la situation actuelle : www.vivario.org.br

Merci, d'avance! n'hésitez pas à faire passer le message dans votre entourage,

Viva Rio, com quem nossa equipe de pesquisa do Museu National e da Universidade de Campins colabore desde alguns anos, esta organizando uma coleta de fundo para o Haiti, para organisar os primeiros soccoros e o encaminhamento de comida, agua e remedios.
Se vocês querem participar, podem depositar dinheiro nesta conta. Eles vão detalhar o uso do dinheiro no site deles e também ai podem ser encontradas noticias atualizadas: www.vivario.org.br

Obrigada! Por favor, repassar.

Natacha
And here is another message from a colleague from Haiti:

All of you:

Thank you! I am in Haiti. Never seen this. Never imagine that human life can be so cheap. I walk on bodies and they smell. People die for predictable reasons. Call whomever you think can help. Call. call whomever. The headquater of the institute was spared but we ended up with 8 deaths. Nothing compared with what I see. The Institute has access to most of the critical areas in PAP. We need cash. We need basic things. There is NO government. Please whatever uou can do.

Louis
This is a follow-up to all those of you who consider donating money for Haiti via Viva Rio, the Brazilian "anthropological" NGO working in Haiti (see below). Considering the costs for tranfering money to a Brazilian bank account, this bank account in the United States will be of better use:

VIVA RIO
BANCO DO BRASIL
AG. NEW YORK - 600 5th AVENUE 3rd floor
NEW YORK, NY 10020
C/C ; 100065090
ABA 026003557
SWIFT BRASUS33

And by the way, donating NOW makes a difference.

Florian Mühlfried said:
If you are considering some more direct kind of support, please read the following. There is a project on Haiti from two universities in Brazil - the Museu Nacional in Rio and the university of Campinas (Unicamp). They have very close contacts to the country and some of them are there right now. For example, a professor from Unicamp has just left for Haiti in the first days of January with a group of nine students in order to do fieldwork there. I am in touch with the professor by skype (Omar Ribeiro Thomaz). Nobody in the group was killed or serously injured, but the situation is just horrible. They are using their own NGO in order to provide help there. Basic stuff: Food, Water, Medicine ... And they have people in Haiti who are distributing the help directly. You can donate via this webiste: www.vivario.org.br It is in french and Portuguese, I am afraid, but you can get in touch with me if you need some more information. Thanks!
The followowing text explains the kind of collabaration
Amigos,

Viva Rio, l'ONG brésilienne avec laquelle notre équipe de recherche du Museu National et de l'Université de Campinas collabore depuis quelques années organise une récolte de fonds pour Haïti afin d'organiser les premiers secours, l'acheminement de nourriture, d'eau et de médicaments.
Si vous voulez collaborer, vous pouvez faire un virement sur leur compte. L'utilisation des fonds sera détaillée sur leur site internet, vous pouvez y trouver des informations sur la situation actuelle : www.vivario.org.br

Merci, d'avance! n'hésitez pas à faire passer le message dans votre entourage,

Viva Rio, com quem nossa equipe de pesquisa do Museu National e da Universidade de Campins colabore desde alguns anos, esta organizando uma coleta de fundo para o Haiti, para organisar os primeiros soccoros e o encaminhamento de comida, agua e remedios.
Se vocês querem participar, podem depositar dinheiro nesta conta. Eles vão detalhar o uso do dinheiro no site deles e também ai podem ser encontradas noticias atualizadas: www.vivario.org.br

Obrigada! Por favor, repassar.

Natacha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Translate

OAC Press

@OpenAnthCoop

Events

© 2019   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service