Do you know about a branch of psycholinguistics and how this coulkd be connected to linguistic anthropology ?

Views: 323

Replies to This Discussion

that kind of depends on how you would define psycholinguistics or which branch you would mean? I guess the cognitive approach in linguistic anthropology could be linked to this. Could you perhaps explain a bit more about what it is you're looking for?
thanks for reply

I mean that psycholinguistics as a branch must be depended to anthro-linguistics or to be dominant on it as dealing with the cognitive side as u say ?
Well still I am not clear on what it is you're looking for with psycholinguistics. If you would reason that psycholinguistics is cognitive linguistics I think then yes anthropological linguistics could offer an interesting tool to interpret cognitive data e.g. fMRI scans or brain activity scans. Since I am not clear whether you mean cognitive linguistics (closer to neuropsychology) or psycholinguistics in other matters (e.g. language competence, code switching or bilingualism and its influence on individual competences) I am not sure what it is you're looking for.

NIKOS GOUSGOUNIS said:
thanks for reply

I mean that psycholinguistics as a branch must be depended to anthro-linguistics or to be dominant on it as dealing with the cognitive side as u say ?

RSS

Translate

OAC Press

@OpenAnthCoop

Events

© 2019   Created by Keith Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service